Happy National Dental Hygiene Month!
Flossing has several benefits for your mouth and overall oral health:
- Prevents tooth decay between your teeth
- Prevents inflammation leading to gum disease and bone loss
- Freshens breath
- Remove food particles and debris
How to Floss:
- Wrap floss around middle fingers using approximately 18 inches of floss
- Use pointer finger or thumb to gently guide floss between teeth
- Wrapping in a “C” shape, hug each side of the tooth, moving from above to below the gum line several times
- Be sure to floss the back of the last tooth
- Floss every day, morning or night
It’s important to start flossing as soon as teeth start touching. If you have small children at home, you will need to assist them in flossing, using this technique, with either string floss or floss picks.